Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Great Scott!

It was bound to happen...that cold white stuff started falling yesterday. McKinley doesn't look thrilled about in this photo...


but by this morning when she went out to play in 4 inches of it...she was definitely happy about that funny white stuff!


I struggled to get my snow boots on and grab my iPhone for the camera. She was running between the back yard and our garage. She did a little bit of barking...which is unusual. When I finally got outside and into the back yard I looked left and saw what she was barking about. A bull moose in pursuit of a cow. 


This bull  moose is very familiar to me and has been in a few blog posts. This is Great Scott on the left, head down facing me! EEK! 


Just one more photo and I scooted back into the house. Kinley was in her dog run...quietly waiting for her crazy mom. She is so smart.


About 15 minutes later I was up in the laundry room, which is on the second floor of house and looks over the front yard. I saw Great Scott again!


That moose cow was over in those woods where he was heading.


And I thought the most exciting part of may day was going to be my drive into town. You just never know what is going to happen at any time.

4 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love the snow and the moose - the puppy is so cute and growing quickly - it must be neat to take photos of the moose from your doorway and windows - snow is this early or normal? Bet you are glad to be back from Paris!

Sherrill said...

Oh MAN!! I'm sure glad I don't live up there!! I hate the cold AND the snow (I'll look at your pix all day, though!!). Pretty cool to see the moosies and your pup is adorable.

Donna quilts said...

Wow - snow already! Although here in northern Alberta, we can get it anytime this month. So fun to see the puppy with her first snow experience.

CecileD said...

Waaaahhh !! The snow !! Are you happy Debbie ? Well, Ms Kinley sure she is....
Enjoy....and be careful ! ;)